Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Because of you Papa, I believe that Jesus exists…


This is my story when I was around 5 years old. At that time, the most important person in my mind is only my father (we call him “Papa” in our language) and that I love him a lot… But, unfortunately, he worked very far from our city; he worked on the different island.

Me, I’m the smallest, my older sister and my older brother, three of us very missed him…
I remembered that we could only talk with him on the phone once and in my age; I didn’t know why I could hear his voice in a little box...
But by just hearing his voice in the phone was not enough for us. We really wanted to see his face and watch him while talking to us, especially when he was calling my name…

I did not know whose idea, my sister or my brother (and off course not me because I did not know who Jesus was, I only knew that He is a God and we could ask something through Him), we’ve decided to pray to Jesus and asked him to send my dad home.

So, my sister and I were looking for some flowers in our garden and we placed it in a plate. My brother prepared the room, the cross, and the candle to pray. We put the flowers under the foot of the cross.
After that, we were standing in front the door, made a queue to enter the room which was very dark, just only a candle inside. As I could remember, I told Him just one or two phrases: “Lord, I missed my dad. Could You send him home?” And after that, we just cried together in the dark until there were no more tears that could fall again.

We were waiting that night, until I felt asleep. After that, somebody was knocking the front door in the midnight. And you know who that was?? Yup, MY DAD WAS HOME!!!

Suddenly I woke up because I heard his voice was calling my name… I ran to him, and hugged him, and sat in his lap and felt a sleep again…. I felt that in that time I could sleep without crying to miss him again…

If you asked me: Is there a heaven in this earth? Or that God can hear our prayer?

I can say it clearly, yes, there is! And He can… He has sent my father home…

When life is so hard and not easy, just remember that we have a great father who loves us so much… and not far away… You just need to close your eyes and say to Him, “God, please help me!!” …And like a father, He will in hurry to help us.


God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment